Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Birthday Girl

So, we know she won't remember her birthday, but we tried to make it fun for her anyways. Nora and I hung out in the morning and went to Steve's studio to drop off a check, she was in heaven. The place was a total disaster from the weekend, so she spent her time walking in between the obstacle of flower buckets and crates....oh and playing in a card board box which doesn't get much better for a one year old.


After Caleb came home from work and Nora woke up from her nap, we headed downtown to buy a birthday cake. We were both starving so we had delicious tapenade at my favorite Temple Bar.

We went to my mom's for dinner with both sets of grandparents and great-grandma Mary. Nora was showered with gifts and cake...pictures to come, they are on my mom's camera. The above note was wrapped around a candle from Nora's great-grandma Atkins. At one of my baby showers, aunt Laura had everyone write a tiny note for Nora, she wrapped each around a candle for Nora to have on each birthday. It was such a sweet idea, I might have to copy it for the next shower I throw.

Nora liked grandma Mary's ice cream and made sure to eat her fair share of it. All in all, it was a great first birthday.

2 comments:

  1. You blogged!!!! Happy Birthday, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, I JUST today discovered you started blogging again! Love the pictures you chose, and your writing about Nora made gave me a lump in my throat.

    Love you!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete