Sunday, March 1, 2009

Call it Irony?...I think so

As far as I can remember, I have been blessed with the gift of making my stomach extremely large. When I was a baby/toddler my stomach was always protruding as demonstrated below. My 'pregnant' stomach skills never involved Caleb until my senior year when the brilliant homecoming photographer arranged us so that it looked as though Caleb and I were having a maternity photo shoot, I will spare you the photo we both look rather unfortunate. Since then, we have always joked around, as you can see...

This photo was from our first Christmas together

And because we are creatures of habit we decided to take another pregnant photo this past December


The irony comes in when we realize that although Caleb and I were on the '5 year plan' we were probably a couple of days pregnant when we took this photo in December. Oh, we thought we were so clever and funny, but so did God apparently. We are very thankful that he knows best and we have definitely been taught a lesson in humility and 'planning'.

No comments:

Post a Comment